Title: Mechanical Engineering / Fluid Power Specialist
Location: Ajax, Ontario, Canada
Project Engineer to support the Test Department’s Hydraulic Operational Requirements
- •Lead the problem-solving process to provide technical solutions and expert hydraulic support to cross-functional test teams.
- •Provide analysis and design concepts for hydraulic test systems.
- •Design, install, commission and operate mechanical/hydraulic test equipment including PLC programming and automation.
- •Prepare specifications and procure equipment and materials.
- •Create technical reports, operational instructions, maintenance instructions and drawings for new and existing hydraulic test rigs.
- •Develop department operational procedures ensuring compliance with corporate and industry codes, standards and safety requirements.
- •Research and maintain up-to-date Test Engineering Hydraulic knowledge and Industry trends.
- •Lead or participate in various Budgeting, Continuous Improvement and Health, Safety and Environment projects.
- •Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering with Hydraulic specialization.
- •Fluid Power Certification (includes hydraulic, electrical and control systems)
- •Five to Ten years of hydraulic project management and process improvement experience.
- •Experience with Process Automation and AutoCAD (or similar Cad software).
- •Effective leadership skills required including sound and independent judgment
- •Dynamic communication skills with ability to deliver presentations clearly to senior management as well as non-engineer team members.
- •Strong problem identification and resolution skills.
The above statements reflect the general items considered necessary to describe principal functions of the position and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position. Other duties may be assigned as per management instruction.All applicants must meet the following requirements:
Minimum age of 18 years.
Canadian Controlled Goods Regulations (CGR), U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Canadian government security clearances and applicable contractual obligations.
Safran Landing Systems Canada Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. SafranLS TOR is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Accessibility and Accommodation Policy. SafranLS TOR will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to SafranLS TOR in advance. If there are any accommodations required during your visit please make us aware.
While we thank all applicants, only those selected for interviews will be notified.
All notifications will be via e-mail, therefore, please ensure address is included, thank-you
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the “Happy at work” rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader of aircraft landing and braking systems. The company has partnerships with 30 airframers in civil, regional, commercial and military transport, and supports 27,000 aircraft that operate around 70,000 landings daily.