Title: Hydraulic Engineer
Location: Longview, Texas, USA
Job Type: Full-time
- The Hydraulic Enginner is responsible for engineering design, documentation, testing, and technical support of both field and manufacturing issues in the areas of hydraulic and pneumatic systems and components on large mobile mining equipment.
- Primary design responsibility for hydraulic and pneumatic systems used on Komatsu mining equipment.
- Selection responsibility for all purchased hydraulic/pneumatic components (I.e. cylinders, valves, pumps.)
- Provide technical interface with external hydraulic and pneumatic component suppliers and our Internal Supply Chain Management function.
- Overseeing and developing hydraulic and or pneumatic systems and component tests and test procedures.
- Oversee the activities of assigned drafting staff in the creation of drawings and Bills of Material to support design responsibility.
- Actively champion design improvements that promote increases in reliability or decreases in either manufacturing cost or operating cost.
- Provide technical support to manufacturing and final assembly as it relates to hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Provide technical support to Product Support and Dealer Technicians.
- Oversee failure analysis of hydraulic and pneumatic components.
- Provide technical support to our Technical Publications area in the way of documentation, assistance in writing maintenance manuals, and assistance in writing Service Information Letters.
- Monitor and respond to issues that relate to hydraulic and pneumatic systems or components.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in mechanical engineering with a minimum of 7 years related experience in hydraulic systems design preferably in mobile off high way machinery.
- Certified Fluid Power Engineer credentials and computer aided hydraulic systems modeling experience would be a plus.
- Effective communication and follow-up skills to manage projects from concept to fruition.
- Ability to assimilate large volumes of information (technical, Voice of Customer, and commercial) from multiple sources in order to have credibility with customers, project team partners and peers.
- Requires an ability to communicate effectively with a diverse group of people both internal and external to the organization, while building strong relationships.
- Ability to influence and deliver results through people.
Education / Qualification
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Link to job post: https://career8.successfactors.com/career…