Title: Hydraulic Engineer
Location: Franklin, Tennessee, USA
Company: Tadano Mantis Corporation
Phone: (615) 794-4556
Job Type: Full-time
Tadano Mantis Corporation is a leader in the telescopic boom crawler crane market. We design andmanufacture hydraulic, tele-boom, crawler cranes for a global footprint. Tadano Mantis Corporation is seeking a Hydraulic Engineer to join the Tadano Mantis Corporation Engineering Team. Candidate will have responsibilities as follows:
- Independently and as a part of a team, design and perform documentation and testing of new hydraulic systems or components and any required electrical interface.
- Design improvements for existing systems based on input from customers and manufacturing.
- Support of new designs and design changes through production and testing.
- Independently and as part of a team test & troubleshoot hydraulic using pressure gauges, flow meter, and other standard tools.
- Provide technical support to manufacturing and customer service for troubleshooting.
- Perform root cause analysis in cooperation with the quality department.
- B.S.M.E or higher
- 3-5 years of experience in hydraulic system design, preferably for heavy equipment, construction equipment, or a related industry.
- Experience in the design and application of mechanical power transmission systems which include diesel engines, load-sense and other hydraulic control systems, hydraulic cylinders, control valves, gear motors/pumps, piston motors/pumps and gear box drives.
- Experience with hydraulic plumbing design and documentation in 2D or 3D.
- Experience in design and application of basic DC electrical systems (switches, relays, solenoids, PWM/current valve drivers) and electronically controlled hydraulics.
- Knowledge of CAN bus control systems (J1939 and CAN open)
- Working knowledge of 2D AutoCAD and Excel
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal. Must be able to interface effectively with individuals at all levels, inside and outside of the company.
- Ability to move ahead with multiple projects and provide clear, concise updates.
- Ability to take a design from concept to shop floor.
Additional helpful experience:
- Proficiency in 3D solid modeling, preferably Catia or SolidWorks.
- Familiarity with standard metal fabrication practices including welding and machining.
- Familiarity with manufacturing practices and BOM’s.
- Familiarity with AC electrical systems.
- Familiarity with diesel fuel systems and A/C systems.
The successful candidate will be able toperform the following:
- Work the required shift plus extra hours as required
- Travel to manufacturing facility in Richlands, VA approximately once a month.
- Travel occasionally to customers or vendors for technical support.
- Follow all company policies and procedures
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant hydraulic system design: 3 years (Required)
- design & application of mechanical power transmission system: 3 years (Required)
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- Franklin, TN (Required)
- English (Required)
- United States (Required)
- 25% (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Day shift
Link to apply: https://www.mantiscranes.com/contact/