About the Position:
The successful candidate(s) will be working as a member of the assigned Product Engineering Team in one of our facilities and will be given the opportunity to gain valuable experience, knowledge and exposure in the design, manufacturing, and support of our products. The level of responsibility and specific assignments will be based on the abilities of the candidate.
Our Hydraulic Designers are responsible for the creation and ongoing improvement of our hydraulic, pneumatic, and water systems for mobile machines for the underground hard-rock mining industry. It offers exposure to a variety of different areas (e.g. constant pressure, load sensing, discrete and proportional valves, steering and braking systems, etc) and the ability to integrate many different pieces of technology and products to reach the best possible product. The successful candidate will be able to acquire experience working with a strong and experienced team of mobile equipment designers and other fluid power specialists.
All candidates are expected to:
- Carry out the proper design and selection of components and their integration into the larger system to support the required form, fit and function of the product and to follow applicable standards and regulations
- Detail their design using proper drafting techniques into bills of materials, fabrication/assembly details, and inspection/testing details
- Support their designs by working directly alongside production team members during builds and making the necessary updates via Engineering Change Notices (ECN)
- Communicate with other internal departments such as Manufacturing, Purchasing, and Customer Support
- Support the Quality objectives of the company
More experienced candidates are expected to:
- Demonstrate leadership and mentorship in the execution of the overall design activities and provide technical oversight to less experienced members to support the goals set by the Product Manager
- Manage projects as assigned by their Product Manager with attention to schedule, capacity planning, and other project deliverables
- Increase the productivity and effectiveness of the overall design team by looking for new and improved ways to carry out the required work
The successful candidate(s) must be willing to learn, open-minded and flexible, organized and detail oriented, team oriented, disciplined, and must have a positive attitude, along with the following qualifications:
- Engineering Diploma or Degree from a recognized post-secondary institution
- Eligibility for licensing through OACETT or PEO is preferred
- Preferred experience in the design and / or manufacturing of heavy/mobile/construction type equipment
- Able to use SolidWorks and AutoCAD with preference for those who have certified training completed
- Computer proficient in MS Office Software (Word, Excel, Project, Sharepoint)
- Preference to those who can demonstrate an understanding of manufacturing processes such as machining, welding, assembly
- Able to communicate effectively with others both verbally and in writing with preference for those who can do so in more than one language
MacLean Engineering has been a leading innovator of underground mining equipment solutions for over 40 years. As we continue to expand our product range and geographic footprint, we remain privately owned and consistently focused on the Company’s founder’s original engineered design imperatives – safety, productivity and enduring quality. MacLean Engineering has three manufacturing facilities located in Collingwood, Owen Sound, and Barrie. Our workforce is comprised of various skilled trades working together in a safety and quality-oriented environment to produce components and equipment to the underground mining industry, as well as the municipal, environmental, and industrial sectors.
We offer competitive wages and benefits including:
- 3 weeks’ vacation annually
- Paid Overtime
- Flexible Group benefits Package (Once probationary period is completed)
- Voluntary DPSP (Deferred Profit Sharing Plan) and GRRSP (Group Registered Retirement Savings Plan) (Once probationary period is completed)
- Annual Employee Bonus
- $150 Annual Safety Shoe allowance
If you are interested in being a part of an established and growing Canadian Company, we want to hear from you!