Title: Hydraulic Design Engineer – Heavy Machinery
Location: Lively, ON, Canada
Employer: Komatsu Mining Corp.
Job Type: Full-time
Komatsu Mining brings advanced equipment, systems and direct services to the global mining industry. Komatsu Mining designs, manufactures, distributes and services extensive product lines of highly reliable P&H surface mining equipment and JOY underground mining machinery used to drill, cut, crush, load and convey minerals worldwide. Please visit www.mining.komatsu for more information.
We are currently looking to add a Hydraulics Design Engineer to our Hard Rock Group at our Sudbury, Ontario location.
- Designing full hydraulic systems and creating schematics for off-highway road heavy mining machines.
- Optimized hydraulic component selection to achieve the cost target and machine performance.
- Schematics and manifold design to achieve functional specification as per product description.
- Develop and execute design validation plans for hydraulic systems.
- Design and model hose routing for mobile machinery.
- Work closely with vendors to optimize component selection.
- Work closely with operations, manufacturing engineering, product support and purchasing.
Education / Qualification
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or Diploma in Mechanical Technology with considerable hydraulics knowledge.
- 5 to 10 years’ experience working in hydraulic design of mobile heavy machinery or equipment.
- Strong working knowledge of ISO, ANSI and CSA safety regulations.
- Familiar with ERP systems, SAP considered as asset.
- Demonstrated understanding of ECNs, ECRs, NCRs, RAs, DFMEA and PFMEA.
- Experience with AutoCAD and SolidWorks.
- Experience using MatLab and Automation Studio considered an asset.
- Demonstrate strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Very strong planning and organization skills with proven attention to detail.
- Oral and written communication skills with the ability to interact with employees and management at all levels.
Komatsu Mining Corp. is an equal employer that offers an excellent benefit package, continual focus on training and development, and a financially sound company in a growing industry.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Link to job post: https://career8.successfactors.com/career?career%5fns=job…